Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The non-post

I'm not sure why I've stopped blogging.  Let's discuss, shall we?  


Here are my very interesting thoughts on the topic: 

  • I'm so far "behind" in documenting the family haps that I don't know where to begin (for example, we live in St. Louis now--no blogging on the whole move to a new state, bought a new house, we now have a new life thing, kind of hard to recover from that). 
  • I have blog envy.  Wow.  There are a lot of amazing blogs out there.  My cleverness and creativity, if I ever had any, is being sucked away by my advancing years, a toddler, and an endless quest for new furniture and house decorating chotchkys.  Oh, and being the visiting teaching coordinator in a ward where I know no one.  I seriously spent almost 30 hours making new assignments.  
  • I'm lazy.  My "free time" is spent looking at other people's blogs or thinking about everything I should be spending my "free time" doing. 
  • Every time I sit down to blog I think about Lucy.
Despite this being a non-post, I have to include some pictures of Jack because he rocks.  And he talks--all the time.  His recent funnies:  "Oh no!" (while putting his hands on his cheeks Home Alone style), "Yeah mommy running!" (when I come in the door after my morning run and he is sitting eating breakfast with his crazy everywhere morning hair), "Bye bye home!" (every single time we pull out the drive way), "Daddy stinky?" (I'll just leave it at that), "Ice cream? No." (he asks the question and then gives what he knows the answer will be--don't worry, he gets plenty of ice cream, just not for breakfast when he asks for it).  And he has full conversations with himself that I don't understand.  Love that kid.   





10 comments:

The Hillbilly Banjo Queen: said...

Hello Amy,
I am delurking because I thought you might like to know that more than 3 people are reading your blog. I have read everything you have posted because I am trying to play "catch up" with you. I have looked for Heather and Danielle and haven't been all that successful. If you know their whereabouts, let me know. Anyway...I was terribly sad to hear about your little niece and read all about it on your blog and your sister's. I can only imagine what it must have been like for your family. I have been thinking about you quite a bit ever since. And I have been checking in to see if you have felt like blogging again and I hope you start feeling like it again soon. Don't worry about the move and all the other stuff that has happened...this blog entry was perfect. What a sweet little boy! Keep it coming, Amy. I know you don't write for me in particular, but I still enjoy it. :) Hugs to you---Heather Creek Tanner

Polliwog said...

I can't believe how grown up this little man is! He is GORGEOUS. If only I still lived next door--but not in that cramped, dark town home. :) I wish my kids said anything akin to Mommy Running. I have yet to take it up again. Sometimes I wonder if I will have the will power to ever do it again. Miss you!

Mary Postert said...

I check your blog all the time to see if you've posted. Hopefully you're back for good.

Anna said...

I know what you mean about not feeling like you can keep up with everything (as I sit eating a bowl of cereal at 4 PM while I wonder what I should make for dinner). Just enjoy that cute kid and be a sporadic blogger.

Carolina said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere. As for concern number 1, we, your readers, forgive your past transgressions and request that you just start up with most recent events.

Angie said...

We have definitely missed you in the blogging world. Welcome back! I still can't believe he's that big. He is so handsome.

cabrera said...

Hello my dear friend!!!
How handsome is Jack seriously he is absolutely adorable.

on another note...thanks for visiting me in the middle of "no where" hahahaha!!! I hope you post more often. Say hi to Jack for me and Nai'a asks about him all the time when we are going to go out she asks if we are going to play with Jack, so next time you are in Utah be sure to visit us in the middle of "no where." Love you!!!

amydear said...

I was going to do a post about how lame my blog is and how I wish it were cooler, but that would take lots of effort. So I'll take 'em as they come! Good to talk to you the other day.

Anonymous said...

Little Jack is quite the looker. I'm sure he gets gobs of girls after him in nursery. :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the word "chotchky" It is the perfect word when describing all the stuff we accessorize our homes with.


~Sarah

Anonymous said...

He is adorable and in such a fun stage. It is great to actually know what they want and be able to communicate better. You are a saint with the whole VT thing....best of luck to you!