Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Lost and Found

Lost:

Digital SLR camera with pictures of half marathon with my amazing friends and Chad's graduation.

Panasonic digital video camera (no, this is not a joke).

Some of my greatest friends (who recently moved).

A sweet-tempered toddler who rarely spoke and did whatever I asked.

Found:

A job at Washington University in St. Louis (go Chad!). I didn't know much about the University before our job search began, but it is an impressive place. Medical school ranked between 1st and 3rd in the country, law school ranked 19th, business school 25th, overall undergrad ranked 12th overall (tied with Cornell). Read more about it here.

A house! I finally feel like an adult. Pictures below.

A still sweet-tempered, but very opinionated, toddler who speaks constantly. Every 10th word in intelligible.

A renewed sense of gratitude for Ann Arbor, the five years we've spent here, and all the blessings we've received.









20 comments:

East Millcreek Wilsons said...

Amy! I can't believe you lost your camera. I'm so sad for you. But the house is awesome. Way to go! We still need to get together. Emily

Angie said...

cute pictures!!!! I'm so glad that you FINALLY updated your blog! If I hadn't seen you the other day or at church I would still be wondering about what happened to you! So sad you're moving, but what a great house and what a great opportunity! Yay for finally being an adult. I can't believe how cute the little one is. You should put pics up of him!

Anna said...

The house is gorgeous, Amy! I can't wait to come and visit. So sorry about the losses...

Mary Postert said...

Yeah, a house! Congrats. And good job Chad on graduating and getting that job. And bummer about the cameras getting lost. I'm glad you've finally posted again though. I was wondering what you guys have been up to. Looks like you've been busy.

Polliwog said...

It's great to hear from you (I was getting tired of the bathtub!)

Bummer about your lost cameras and friends. But a huge congratulations on the job and the house! It's gorgeous. I'm hoping to join the ranks of "homeowners" in the next few months.

Todd and Anna said...

I am really really sorry about both your cameras, I will send you the pictures I have from the race.

Your house looks amazing, we are excited to see it in November! Miss you guys!

The Clark said...

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

It's a miracle!! I never thought you'd update this thing. I love the house, I love Jack. I can't wait to come visit!

Brett Breeden said...

Sorry about all those "losts" but the "founds" surely make up for it. Congrats again on the job Chad, and congrats to all on the beautiful house. I wondered why it had been so long since the last post. I guess all this explains it...

Amy Breeden said...

Hey there Amy! I had no idea you were such a decorator! Your new place looks gorgeous! I'm so happy for you guys!!!
Much love to you!
Amy

Neil and Meredith Larson said...

The house looks great! We are so excited for you guys! I've looked up some resturants that we should hit up at the family reunion, I hope you guys like German food :)

Carolina said...

Congratulations on everything! I love the new house pictures--we want to come visit you, and we really mean it this time!

Anonymous said...

ahhh i can't believe you lost your camerassss!

i'm sooo sorry!

but the house looks awesome!
congrattsss.

Kelli said...

so much exciting sutff. I finally feel like an adult- except I just got my own apartment. Sorry about the camera

Polliwog said...

Are you moderating your comments or what!? I swear I left one several days ago. Now that you're a homeowner, you're just too good for the blogging world, huh? :)

Anonymous said...

You are leaving us all alone! I guess that's what we get for doing poli sci, which takes 6 years! There will be nobody left - literally nobody, and we will feel so old. But hey, the job market is this fall, so we should find out pretty soon where we are going. It seems like everyone is going back to Missouri - the call to Zion :)

Joel&Som

Michelle said...

Amy and Chad,
Congrats on your move! Darling house and boy that talks.. at least Jack talks! We are hoping the twins talk before kindergarten..
We miss you!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

your house is beautiful! we are so happy for you to finally be through with school.

Bates Blogger said...

I love the new house! It's beautiful. Congratulations on entering this new phase of life.

Trisha said...

I want to come live here too! I've put in 5 years and everything. Your house looks wonderful, especially the kitchen and the counters in the bathroom!
I hope you guys have fun on your new adult life! We'll miss you.