Saturday, October 6, 2007

Just trust me on this one

I have a few words of advice:

If you are feeling sick for the third night in a row, you can't sleep, your husband is out of town, and you wake up sick at 2 a.m. to take some medicine DON'T BE TOUGH AND WAKE UP AT 6 A.M. AND TRY TO RUN YOUR 14 MILE TRAINING RUN ANYWAY. This may result in 1) a super slow running time, 2) the loss of a running companion because no human being can run slow enough to stay with you, 3) a great amount of worry on the part of said running partner when, in your altered physical and mental state, you forget where you were supposed to meet, and 3) a feeling extreme crappiness and desire to give up marathon training all together.

I told Chad about this "friend" of mine and he said: "I don't know whether to be impressed by [her] commitment or horrified by [her] stupidity." I won't tell her he said that. Rude!

This same friend thought she would have good luck on her run today because she opened the washing machine yesterday to that her i-pod shuffle had been through a cycle -- but it still worked! She later found her earphones in the dryer, also in working order. So sad her luck didn't last.

Oh, and one other thing. When you buy a Halloween costume for your child on e-bay, don't just look at the "star" rating of the seller, read the comments. For some inexplicable reason, people will say "A++++++++ Great seller!! My clothes really, really reeked like smoke, but great transaction!" I suppose it is the fear of the seller leaving negative comments for the buyer. But if you read the comments before you buy you won't be stuck with a Halloween costume for a 1 year old that smells like a bowling alley. Just trust me on this one.

6 comments:

Todd and Anna said...

Amy so sorry to hear about your unfortunate sickness and hard run today. If you ever need a supper slow running partner you know where I live. Frustrating about Jack's Halloween costume, maybe dry cleaning can get the smell out? or maybe you can just give him a cigar to hide the costume smell :)

Anna

Sister Holly Larson said...

Rewind, start over....pretend today never happened. And don't tell anyone!

Toss the costume in the washer, a couple of times....you can't ruin it any more than it is, can you????

I love you girl, this almost,almost convinces me you aren't perfect. But not quite!

Neil and Meredith Larson said...

That stinks! I went out once for a night of fun and got smoked on. My dry clean only shirt was toast. Not even a full bottle of frebreeze saved it. I hope things work out better for the costume. By the way which outfit did you end up getting?

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Holy crap a roni. I am so sorry about all of this! (but it's kind of funny) It will be funnier to you in a few months (or years) down the road. ? Maybe? Being a mom and being sick is the pits, but with your hubby gone too...that's just brutal. Sorry I can't come for the marathon. I'll be marathoning my way through rehearsals.

amydear said...

Oh man! Why don't you call your closest neighbor for help when you're sick? And I echo Anna about the slow running partner. I'm available. Sounds like you should have purchased the owl costume. There's still time!

Selway Family Blog said...

To be fair, the Selways were out of town, or we would have nursed Amy to good health. Bless her cotton pickin' socks!