Well, I couldn't believe it either, but Holly (Chad's youngest sister) wanted to come and spend her spring break with us in Ann Arbor. While her friends frolicked in places like Mexico and Italy, she got to experience practically every season imaginable during her one week in Michigan. When she arrived it was typical Ann Arbor weather for March (and must of the rest of the year): overcast. A few days later, however, it was a perfect 75 degrees! We took advantage and walked around downtown. There were people EVERYWHERE trying to enjoy the weather. It was the first nice day we could remember having in months! Holly thought it was pretty funny when an SUV full of college guys rolled down their windows and drove wildly down the streets yelling "This is a glorious day!" Just goes to show you how desperate we are for good weather--it even gets the frat boys excited.
Just the next day, things took a turn for the worst. It started with rain, but eventually it turned to snow. Holly was actually excited to see snow for the first time in her life! So excited, in fact, that she and Chad tried to go sledding. It didn't work. While there was snow on the ground, there was far from enough for sledding. They still had fun and accomplished the most important task--taking super cute pictures of Jack.
It was SO nice to have Holly here. She is certainly mature well beyong her 16 years, while still maintaing all the good things about being 16. She and I went shopping one day and man, that girl can shop! I've never seen anyone get so excited about clothes. It even got me excited. I can usually only take about one store, but she has major stamina. It was really fun. My friend Jenny was visiting at the same time and Holly was very patient as she spent a number of days helping watch Jack and Jenny's boy Alex as Jenny and I did a much needed cleaning of my basement. Chad and I commented a number of times that having Holly around was like having a nanny--a very cute and responsible one who really cares about Jack. We hope she comes again.
Jack and his very cute Aunt Holly


0 comments:
Post a Comment