Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snow Day

Blog neglect is a crime, and we have been very guilty.  As many of you may have seen, the Midwest got hit with a big snow storm Saturday and Sunday.  We got up this morning and braved the snowy roads to go to church.  We got there 20 minutes late, but it didn't matter because they hadn't started yet.  We delayed starting our meeting by a half hour because not everyone participating in the Christmas program had arrived yet.  The program was beautiful, but sparsely attended.  The Bishopric elected to cancel the rest of our meeting to allow everyone to get home (the wind was suppose to pick up in the afternoon).  We would have gotten home early, but Bro. Kurabayashi ran his mini-van into a pile of snow in the parking lot.  We attempted for about an hour to get his car out but to no avail.  Fortunately, a snow plower saw our struggles and rescued the van.  When we got home, I had this urge to take Jack outside for his first real romp in the snow.  As luck would have it, we just purchased him a new snow suit last weekend  and our friends, the Petersons, let us borrow some snow boots and a perfectly sized sled.  



After bundling up, we headed out into the winter wonderland.  During our adventure, there were moments of sheer joy...



mixed with moments of sheer terror.




Jack made his first snow angel.



Everyone has a wonderful time.

13 comments:

Polliwog said...

Yes, you ARE guilty. And yet I check faithfully. It was fun to see the photos of you all playing in the snow. For a (very) brief moment I wished we were there. Then I shook the craziness out of my head. It sounds COLD.

Todd and Anna said...

WOW! What a snow storm you guys got, it looks fun. You got way more snow on your side of the playground then we did on ours..... :)
Thanks for the update though, it is fun to read and see the pics.

Anonymous said...

Jack's first snow angel is perfect! How did the snowsuit work for him? Would you recommend it? We'll be out shopping for one for Alex next week in Washington. --Jenny J

amydear said...

Jillian says: "Aw, Jack made his first snow angel." The sled is yours anytime you need it! And keep the boots; they'll fit him eventually. We've missed your blog too.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Those are the cutest photos! Vic and i laughed so hard at the contrasting shots of Jack! I'm glad you guys finally got some snow too. It's been freezing here and little Luce Dog has a cough. We are going to buy her complete snow gear today too. Any suggestions?

Neil and Meredith Larson said...

Amy- Thanks so much for the maternity clothes! Janet brought them over yesterday! I wanted to email you and then I realized I don't have your address! Neil and I can't wait to see you guys this weekend! Thanks again!

Sister Holly Larson said...

I had no idea they made sleds with seat belts!!!! What will they think of next? Jack has gotten so big since the last pictures, or so it seems. I am trying to "Jack" proof the house but I am sure there will be much I missed. Feel free to raise things up, put things in the garage, lock things down, whatever you think you need to do to make it a safe environment. I am so excited to see you all.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

I just noticed the cute hat and gloves he's wearing!

Rochelle said...

You crack me up. If only everyone were so brave. You have a cute little family and I am impressed by how much you run! I wish I had the motivation. Thanks for the comment! Maybe you will inspire the "others" to come out and at least say hi. I can dream...

The Clark said...

hi ames. cute pictures! you guys are darling. hope you had a great christmas!!!
xoxoxo

Emily said...

Looks like a Michigan winter. The snow looks fun but I think I like it best in pictures. I am looking forward to seeing you in Houston over New years.

I had my cheerleading uniform dry cleaned just for the race! ;)

Carolina said...

Just checking for an update on your marathon!

Mary Postert said...

Hey you two, it's time to blog again.