It isn't like I've ever thrown a huge Halloween party, or even been to a big fancy spooky bash, but for some reason Halloween is a big deal to me. Should I really be so concerned about celebrating a pagan holiday that centers on candy and terror? A holiday that has inspired many a gory movie and more than a few criminal acts? I have no answers. What I do know is that I'm already (in mid-August) trying to decide what costume to buy for Jack. He was only 11 days old for Halloween last year, so his costume was a cute little Frankenstein hat from a friend, but this year will be his first official Halloween in my book. Sure, I'll eat all his candy, he won't have a clue what is going on, and he'll probably be up too late and likely miserable by the time he can see the glow of a candle in a jack-o-lantern, but this still matters people. So help me make up my mind. Here are the pictures of my top contenders. Do not fall into the trap of judging the costume by the cuteness of the baby wearing it. I have done that for myself when shopping from catalogs with tragic results (that bra that looks so great on Heidi Klum somehow looks different on me). Cast your vote on the poll to the right. And I'm open to more suggestions, as always. As long as Jack looks adorable I'll be happy. I'll snap a few photos and start thinking about what to buy him for next year. If it matters to your vote, which I'm sure you will not cast willy-nilly but will ponder deeply, Jack is just now crawling at 10 months, so I don't think he'll be walking by Halloween. Also, he is the cutest baby on the planet with a personality as big as his very chunky thighs. 




Saturday, August 18, 2007
I don't know why I care so much, but I do
Posted by
Amy and Chad Larson Family
at
9:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I loved this post, Amy! I can see why you might have a hard time deciding though--they're all so cute! I think I'm leaning toward the monster or the spider. (The poll feature didn't seem to be working when I was here.) Where did you find these? Please let me know. Thanks!
hi aurelia! good to hear from you. your kids must be SO grown up by now. drop us a line and let us know how you are doing.
i found the costumes in the "one step ahead" catalog i get. here is the link: http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/category.jsp?siteId=117&parentCategoryId=100180&categoryId=117228&N=117228
To die for! I just tried to vote for the Spider but the poll said it wasn't working. These are the cutest things and Jack would look darling in any of them!!! (but...the Spider is my fav). I hope Lucy and I are there for the big bash!
My favorite is the spider too! Especially if he's still just crawling and not able to walk around. I think it's perfect.
Amy votes owl
Kyle votes spider
Jillian votes monster
Hayden votes turtle
Kara votes bumblebee
How's that for differing opinions? But seriously, the owl is sooo cute and so Jack. It will have the biggest impact. : )
Let us know if you find a lamb costume. Jillian is going to be Little Bo Peep with Kara as her sheep. Hayden will be Batman, which doesn't fit in so well. I'm going to try to be Jane Austen or Elizabeth Bennett. Only if my chest is smaller by then. Ha!
Spider all the way! It is so cute. Todd votes for turtle.
If you are looking for more costume options I have a hershey kiss costume that Jayda wore her first halloween, but I think the spiders the way to go.
Anna
What is going on?! Halloween already? I have not thought one time of the costumes my kids will wear. Yikes, what have I become? I will get on it right away.
Jack would be the cutest _____ (fill in the blank) but I voted monster because I thought the eyes were a little creepy on a couple of those costumes. ;) I also like the turtle.
Thanks for linking my blog. You're a true friend. I miss you guys!
jerry says the monster or else. he thinks the bee is for girls. he wants landon to be a football player this year. last year he was pooh bear and jerry had issues with it. lauren was eyore and i borrowed the costumes so i thought it was sweet.
love the monster. i want noah to be a bumblebee this year, there's a great one at pottery barn kids.
Hey Chad and Amy...it's great to have found your page (with some help from Chad's mother). My vote is to scrap all the costumes and dress him up like Big Mac special sauce, Chad may appreciate that! Keep in touch!
Corey S
My little Jackster would look fantabulous in any Halloween garb, however, I'm torn between the owl and the spider. It reminds me, Amy, of Halloween when you were 2-1/2. Dad and I took turns dressing up in random costumes that we made extemperaneously out of tablecloths, etc., and then knocked on our front door. You oo-oh-ed and ah-ed at each visitor and were so excited to have a trick or treater at the door; you never recognized that it was your mommy or daddy. That was a Halloween I'll always remember. Mom
So, I have now come around to the idea of Halloween and even ordered a costume for Melissa. I'd forgotten that spider was on your list, but that's what she's going to be--the costume from Pottery Barn. The idea was that Ellie would be Wilbur and Melissa would be Charlotte, since we are just winding up reading the book, but I can't find a pig costume anywhere! Anyone? And D would be a great Mr. Zuckerman, right? :) Anyway, when you decide, it looks like there are lots of us wanting to hear the verdict!
Post a Comment